About Santa Rosa and Sonoma County
Sonoma County needs no introduction to the wine industry. It is a stellar location.
But for purposes of the Wine Bloggers Conference, here are a few facts for you:
- We held the first and second WBCs in Santa Rosa and love returning there for the 10th anniversary.
- Sonoma County has 17 distinct grape growing regions, making it a perfect location to host our Sunday post-con excursions. The nearby wine regions (Napa, North Coast, Lodi, Livermore Valley, Yolo County, and many more) will make perfect overnight pre-con excursions.
- We love the Sonoma County Airport, which is easy to use and close to our host hotel.
Who Should Attend
- Citizen Bloggers or Writers who write about wine or the wine industry and who wish to network with other new media; learn from experts in writing, technology, and social media; and enjoy a fantastic weekend of meals and wines from Lodi and around the world.
- Industry Bloggers who maintain a blog to support their winery or other wine-related business.
- New Media Innovators who work in the world of blogging and social media.
- Wine Industry Members who would like to learn about new media or interact with bloggers.
Cost, Payment, Cancellation, and What is Included
We have implemented early registration discounts for our 10th anniversary:
- Through September 30, 2017: $170 published wine writers and citizen wine bloggers, $370 industry wine bloggers, $470 non-blogging participants
- October 1, 2017 and Later: $195 published wine writers and citizen wine bloggers, $395 industry wine bloggers, $495 non-blogging participants
We are able to offer a lower price to citizen bloggers and wine-industry bloggers because it is for these folks our sponsors underwrite the conference. In exchange for the discounted rates for Citizen and Industry Bloggers, we respectfully request that you blog about the conference at least three times (Citizen Bloggers) or one time (Industry Blogger) for the $300 / $100 discount you are receiving. You can blog about anything you want – the conference, venue, host city, sponsors, speakers, wines, wineries, whatever. This is what keeps our sponsors attending and what allows us to give you a discounted rate.
Please be accurate in selecting your category – we check and will contact you if you seem to have signed up for the wrong category.
Payment is required in advance by credit card. If you must cancel your registration, your payment is 50% refundable up until one month before the conference and not refundable after that. Please note you can insure against losing your conference registration fee (and your airplane tickets) by purchasing trip insurance. This is only good for those of you traveling from outside of the conference area and staying overnight.
The conference includes multiple wine tastings, at least two meals, and outstanding content. Not included in the conference price are your hotel, transportation to and from the area, the pre-conference and post-conference excursions, and new Wine Education Sessions on Thursday prior to the conference.
The host hotel is the Hyatt Vineyard Creek, one of the premier hotels in Santa Rosa. With 155 luxurious guest rooms and a large event center, the hotel is perfect for the Wine Bloggers Conference. We have secured a rate of $199, which is excellent for this hotel at this time of year. However, the hotel block is currently sold out. You can try your luck online now but otherwise should make alternate plans.
There are two hotels very near the Hyatt Vineyard Creek: the Courtyard Santa Rosa and the Hotel la Rose. We do not have room blocks at either hotel and prices are expensive at the time of this writing.
You might consider the Best Western Garden Inn, a 1.1 mile walk or a short Uber ride from the Hyatt Vineyard Creek, or the nearby Travelodge and America’s Best Value Inn. All three hotels generally have reasonable room rates. If possible we will include the Best Western Garden Inn in any pickups and drop-offs for excursions and off-site events.
Arrival and Departure
Pre-conference excursions will begin on Wednesday, November 8th at 1:30 PM either with a pickup at the host hotel or a designated nearby airport. On Thursday, November 9th we have tentatively scheduled small-group Wine Education Sessions at 2:30 and 3:45 PM. The conference begins with the Expo and Opening Reception at 5:00 PM on Thursday.
The conference finishes on Saturday evening with the banquet dinner sponsored by NakedWines.com, Wine Blog Awards presentation, and announcement of 2018 location. Optional post-conference excursions will take place on Sunday, November 12th.
We suggest you not book your flights until we have finalized our excursions and Wine Education Sessions.
The official airport of the 2017 conference is Sacramento International Airport (SMF). Only 1:45 from Santa Rosa, the route you take is often less congested than flying into San Francisco or Oakland.
However, you have multiple options if you are flying in from outside the area and we suggest you check flights to the Sonoma County, San Francisco, San Jose, and Oakland airports as well. If you arrive at Sonoma County Airport, you can easily take a taxi or Uber to the hotel. If you fly into one of the other more major airports, you will need to rent a car (you won’t need it during the conference but it can be convenient for arrival and departure) or take a shuttle. Area shuttles include Airport Express, GO Airport Shuttle, and Super Shuttle.
Weather & Dress Code
The average high temperature in Santa Rosa is 64 degrees with an average overnight low of 40 degrees. It rains on average about eight days in November. So while the weather should be moderate, be prepared!
Dress is “wine country casual”. What does that mean? Really, you should dress as you feel comfortable. For daytime sessions, jeans or shorts and a polo shirt are fine. For excursions into wine country, you should have good shoes and protection from sun or rain. For the Saturday evening banquet, many people will dress up a bit.
The Wine Bloggers Conference is organized by Zephyr Conferences, the organizer of the:
- Beer Bloggers & Writers Conference
- International Food Blogger Conference
- Beer Now Conference (previously the European Beer Bloggers & Writers Conference)
- Wine Marketing & Tourism Conference
- Beer Marketing & Tourism Conference
For information about our conferences, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For media inquiries, please email email@example.com. If you are in a region interested to host one of our conferences, please complete a Host Application.
Zephyr Conferences is part of Zephyr Adventures, which has been running active tours around the world for the last 20 years. Please visit our website for information on our active food, wine, and beer tours.
In addition to Zephyr’s active tours, its sister company Taste Vacations runs wine, beer, food, and spirits tours that leave the physical activity at home.